EDGY square planter box in 3 mm. corten steel plate. The bent over edges provide an attractive finish, perfectly straight joints and greater strength. A unique planter box that looks good from any angle. Only your imagination sets the limit when it comes to the outdoor living spaces you can create in attractive Corten steel with our EDGY design,
- Danish design, manufactured byJEMA.
- Retains its attractive appearance for decades with no maintenance.
- Bottom plate, if required, can be purchased separately. This is recommended in the case of solid surfaces such as tiles and similar.
- Can be extended by purchasing extra side panels separately.
- A designer bench in lacquered steel can be purchased separately.
- EDGY is made of 3 mm. plate - perfect for use in public spaces.
- Is also available in custom lengths - contact us here .
- This EDGY model is 80 cm. high.
Raised beds, planter boxes and flower planters are supplied as DIY-assembly incl. nuts and bolts and detailed assembly instructions.
Good advice when you plant in planter boxes:
- Fill it with earth right up to the edge
- Ensure that there is sufficient drainage for watering
- Use natural fertilisers (e.g. raised bed soil or compost)
How long does Corten steel last?
Corten steel lasts 8 times longer than regular steel. The climate in which Corten steel is used plays a significant role in the durability factor. In optimal conditions, Corten steel in gardens can last more than 50 years, although air that has a high salt content will have a negative impact on its lifetime. Similarly, the salt and acid content of the soil that is used in the planter box will also have an impact.
The steel is supplied covered in a slightly oily film and does not therefore appear rusted upon delivery. We therefore recommend that you wash it with lukewarm soapy water to remove the oily film after it has been assembled. After just a few weeks, depending on the amount of precipitation, the rusting process will begin. The final patina takes several years to achieve, as the layer of rust develops and forms a protective layer on the surface. The colour will change from a bright orange to something a little darker over the course of time. A beautiful transformation.
Does the steel damage the planet?
You can grow and plant any kind of vegetable or plant in this planter box. Steel is a natural material and does not emit materials which are hazardous to your vegetables. If you are still unsure, we recommend that you line the box with cling film, polystyrene, an insulation mat or similar. This will also insulate the soil from the sides of the box and prolong its lifetime.
Does Corten steel bleed rust into the underlying layers?
Corten steel emits a minimal amount of rust compared to regular steel. However, at the beginning of the rusting process, a small amount of rust will always bleed into the underlying surface. Therefore, we recommend using a bottom plate if it is placed on tiles or wood. There are holes in the bottom plate to allow watering, and the box will be raised approx. 5 mm. from the underlay to allow the water to run off. Rust is easily removed from concrete tiles with oxalic acid.