Retaining wall in 5 mm. bent Corten steel. The bent over edges provide an attractive finish, perfectly straight joints and greater strength. Modern and looks good from any angle. Only your imagination sets the limit when it comes to the outdoor living spaces you can create with our retaining walls in Corten steel. Perfect for gardens, parks, car parks, driveways and terraces.
- Danish design, manufactured byJEMA.
- Retains its attractive appearance for decades with no maintenance.
- Each unit is assembled in modules using bolted elements.
- Pre-prepared for drainage hose - with 102 mm. diameter opening. Ensures proper drainage.
- Is also available in custom lengths - contact us here .
- This model is 80 cm. high, 35 cm. deep and 49,5 cm. long. Weight 33 kg.
- If required, a smaller number of units can be stacked, if the earth pressure allows it.
- Casting spear for mounting and screw set included.
- Installation instructions.
The retaining wall should be placed on a flat, stable surface. We recommend cast-in-place spears or concrete anchors. We recommend using a drainage mat on the inner side of the wall. It may be necessary to reinforce it with casting behind the wall.
How long does Corten steel last?
Corten steel lasts 8 times longer than regular steel. The climate in which Corten steel is used plays a significant role in the durability factor. In optimal conditions, Corten steel in gardens can last more than 50 years, although air that has a high salt content will have a negative impact on its lifetime. Similarly, the salt and acid content of the soil in which it is erected will also have an impact.
The steel is supplied covered in a slightly oily film and does not therefore appear rusted upon delivery. We therefore recommend that you wash it with lukewarm soapy water to remove the oily film after it has been assembled. After just a few weeks, depending on the amount of precipitation, the rusting process will begin. The final patina takes several years to achieve, as the layer of rust develops and forms a protective layer on the surface. The colour will change from a bright orange to something a little darker over the course of time. A beautiful transformation.
Does Corten steel bleed rust into the underlying layers?
Corten steel emits a minimal amount of rust compared to regular steel. However, at the beginning of the rusting process, a small amount of rust will always bleed into the underlying surface. Rust is easily removed from concrete tiles with oxalic acid.