BBQ Fire Pit CUBY black 80 x 80 x 80 cm. for open fire cooking adds a whole new dimension to your culinary efforts you may not have considered before. Why does your kitchen island often end up being the place where the party congregates? Because we humans love the cosy feel of the kitchen island, and the aroma of the delicious food that is prepared there. CUBY Corten BBQ is the outdoor kitchen island BBQ Fire Pit that you and your guests will love. Put it out in the middle and watch it become the gathering point at every party. Your guests will love its elegant design and open fire and flames that allow you to prepare your food to perfection.
- CUBY Black 80 x 80 x 80 cm. When placed on grass or gravel, the version without a base plate can be used. For tiles and other solid surfaces, we recommend a base plate with adjustable feet or wheels.
- BBQ plate base in 12 mm. carbon steel.
- Detachable 2-part grill grate in 12 mm. carbon steel. Store indoors.
- Total BBQing area 0.64 m2.
- The height of the BBQ plate is 81.5 cm. / with wheels 91.5 cm.
- Height of the BBQ grill grate is 11.2 cm. There is a 10 cm. opening for fuel.
- The BBQ plate and grate require regular oiling approx. every 2 weeks - otherwise completely maintenance free. Can remain outside all year round.
- In time, a thin layer of oil will build up on the BBQ plate and grate. This creates a non-stick surface that also helps retain the aroma of meat and spices.
- The BBQ plate reaches different temperature zones. The hottest is towards the middle. Heated with good quality solid fuel. Ready in 30-60 min.
- Total weight 125-140 kg.
- Danish design, manufactured byJEMA.
Good purcases we recomend:
- Drip tray - minimizes oil spills on surfaces.
- Lid - covers the grill plate and reduces the need for continuous oiling.
- Spatula in stainless steel - scrapes leftover food and oil into the fire.
- Stainless steel oil jug.
Note: The BBQ must be set up completely level. Adjustable feet are supplied with the version that includes a bottom plate. Also be aware of the risk of spilling oil on the underlay. Oil spill can be minimised when you purchase a drip tray.
Lubrication of the BBQ plate and grate with oil
The BBQ plate and grate comes pre-oiled with a thin protective layer of cooking oil. When you heat up the BBQ for the first time, scrape off the top layer using a stainless steel palette spatula. Once the grate is clean and hot, it is ready for the first application of oil. We recommend you use a cooking oil such as sunflower oil or rapeseed oil - an oil with a high smoke point. Apply in thin layers using a cloth or paper towel. Gradually you will be able to see the formation of a protective, non-slip dark layer of oil. Remember to also apply oil to the sides of the BBQ plate and grate.
Carbon steel BBQ plate
Our BBQ plate and grate are made of carbon steel that needs to be oiled regularly to prevent corrosion. Carbon steel and cast iron are very similar and both are excellent for cooking. The biggest difference is that carbon steel contains a little less carbon than cast iron. Due to its high carbon content, cast iron has a tendency to clump together in the material which means there is a risk of fractures and cracks appearing on the surface. There is a risk of these becoming porous and cracking over time.
The structure f the material in carbon steel is more uniform and stable and the effects of heat will not damage the surface. The lifetime of our BBQ plate and grill is therefore extremely long.
Heating up the grill using solid fuel can result in large fluctuations in temperature between the heat source and BBQ plate . The very large thickness - 12 mm. of the byJEMA BBQ plate and grate ensures a guaranteed temperature and even distribution of temperature throughout the plate. Once the plate is warm you are guaranteed many hours of stable heated plate for your cooking.
Dirt and small particles of corrosion can be scraped off using a palette spatula. If it becomes necessary at some point, the heavy duty plate can also be sanded to create a clean surface that is like new.